Mid Hill Windfarm Project
Case study 13575
Mid Hill Windfarm
Following the successful completion of Crystal Rig and Rothes Windfarms for Fred Olsen Renewables, Powersystems were awarded the grid connection contestable works and onsite electrical infrastructure contracts for Mid Hill Windfarm.
As an independant connections provider (ICP), Powersystems designed and installed the 8.5km grid connection cable route that was adopted by Scottish and Southern Energy.
The electrical works carried out by Powersystems in completing the contract comprised of:
- 63km of 33kV grid connection cable
- 8.5km grid connection fibre optic cable
- Electrical design studies to ensure grid code compliance
- Electrical design drawings
- Installation of 65km of 33kV cable
- Installation of 22km fibre optic cable
- Earthing of 33No turbine bases
Design and installation of 33No turbine substations each comprising of:
- 33kV switchgear
- 2.6MVA turbine transformers
- GRP enclosures
- SCADA control system
- Termination of 732 33kV cables
- Installation of 4km LV Power cabling into turbines from substations
- Building services installation at operations building
- Testing and commissioning of the complete installation
Once installed Powersystems commissioned all of the electrical infrastructure, energised and handed over the project to the client on time and on budget.