Powersystems UK Policy Statements
PHS 28 Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy Statement
Issued on November 10th 2016.
This statement, issued by our Managing Director and ratified by the board is intended to demonstrate the commitment of Powersystems UK Ltd and its senior management team to ensure that slavery and human trafficking plays no part in its business or that of its supply chain.
Powersystems UK Ltd are a specialist high voltage electrical company. Our head office is in Yate, North Bristol and our service provision is offered nationally.
We are a specialist high voltage contractor, Lloyds NERS accredited for design and build of electrical infrastructure for the high voltage market at 11 to 132kV. We design, build and commission high voltage substations and electrical switchgear, install and joint large bore HV cable and in addition have the in-house capability for low voltage ancillary works.
Policy On Slavery And Human Trafficking
Powersystems UK Ltd are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in any part of our business and in so far as it is possible we require that our suppliers hold similar ethos. To meet these requirements we will:
- Comply with legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Make suppliers and service providers aware that we promote the requirements of the legislation.
- Consider modern slavery factors when making procurement decisions.
- Develop awareness of modern slavery issues.
- Evaluate specifications and tenders with appropriate weight given to modern slavery points.
- Encourage suppliers and contractors to take their own action and understand their obligations to these requirements.
- Will not knowingly award contracts to suppliers that do not demonstrate their commitment to ensuring that slavery and human trafficking are not taking place in their own business or supply chains.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31 March 2016.
Position: Managing Director, Powersystems UK Ltd
Date: 1st January 2017