As one of the UK’s leading high voltage specialist electrical engineering companies, Powersystems, has over 46 years’ experience and has grown by reputation to become a trusted force in the design, installation, and commissioning of electrical infrastructure.
Connecting electrical energy technology to the UK National Grid since 2000
Powersystems has connected over 1,462 individual electrical projects and connected over 6.1 Gigawatts of renewable technology and decarbonisation energy systems to the National Grid.
Whether you have a small or large energy project Powersystems are here to help you.
Throughout the Powersystems website you will find more detailed information about the different stages of the connection journey – from your grid-application through to designing and building your electrical infrastructure to your final testing and energisation.
Our service provides the very best engineering practice and technical expertise in delivering projects. As the first Lloyds National Electricity Registration Scheme ‘s (NERS) accredited Independent Connection Provider, and celebrating this 26 year anniversary in 2023, Powersystems can deliver contestable grid connections at voltages up to 132 kV.
With Powersystems you are in safe and expert hands
Powersystems have connected over 1,462 electrical projects and have connected these technologies to the grid in some of the most remote and challenging locations in the UK, read more about them below:
- Since 2000, Powersystems electrical engineering projects have connected 30% of all UK land-based wind farms. Powersystems have connected 1,789 wind turbines which equates to 4.77 GW of energy generation to the National Grid which is enough to power up to 3.5 million UK homes
- Powersystems were also awarded the role of principal contractor for the first private greener grid stability project supporting the UK to achieve the goal of zero carbon – The first of its kind, The Keith Greener Grid Park in Moray Scotland
- Powersystems have connected 97 of all UK Anaerobic Digestion plants
- Short Term Operating Reserve (STOR) projects – Powersystems installed the UK’s first commercial STOR project in Trumfleet.
- Hydroelectric and Tidal projects – Powersystems are actively involved in the electrical infrastructure contract for a major tidal project off Anglesey, North Western Wales
- Combined heat and power projects
- Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) projects – Powersystems are actively involved with the most ambitious urban decarbonisation battery energy storage systems (BESS) initiatives, demonstrating the UK’s commitment to building a thriving low carbon economy
- Solar parks
- Electric vehicle infrastructure projects
- and commercial and industrial private wire networks
At the core of our operation is a commitment to the highest values of health and safety, welfare, quality, and the environment.
Our management systems are ISO accredited and our approach is to aim for the best industry practice in all areas.
Our nation-wide team work to ensure professional and safe execution of every project and work tirelessly to provide clients with the highest quality customer service throughout the life cycle of projects and beyond.
Notes to Editors:
- This article is written by Jules Daly, Marketing and Communications Manager at Powersystems UK.
- Email email@example.com Telephone 01454 318000
- Photography Copyright please credit all images used to powersystemsuk.co.uk
Powersystems are powering the transition to a carbon free future
As a high voltage specialist electrical engineering company with over 46 years (1977-2023) experience Powersystems have grown by reputation to become a trusted force in the design, installation and commissioning of electrical infrastructure across the UK.
Celebrating 26 years as the first Lloyds National Electricity Registration Scheme ‘s accredited Independent Connection Provider (ICP), Powersystems are capable of delivering contestable grid connections at voltages up to 132 kV.
Since 2000, Powersystems have connected over 6 Gigawatts of renewable energy generation to the UK electricity grid, along with decarbonisation technology which includes; wind energy projects, solar, anaerobic digestion, hydroelectric, electrical vehicle infrastructure, short term operating reserve STOR, combined heat and power (CHP), Grid stability projects like rotating stabilisers, and battery energy storage systems (BESS) as well as commercial industrial private wire networks.
Working with partners, delivering sustainable power solutions, proudly the Powersystems high voltage specialist team have connected 30% of all U.K. onshore wind farms.
At the core of the operation is a commitment to the highest values of health and safety, welfare, quality and the environment. Powersystems Integrated management systems are ISO accredited and their approach under their health and safety ‘Priority No.1’ brand is to aim for the best industry practice in all.
Speak to Powersystems today
You can contact us as follows