Powersystems were delighted to attend a CPD hosted workshop with Peter Hurndall and the team from Power Electrics to learn all about generators.
About Power Electrics – The Generator Specialist, Power Electrics is the single source solution for diesel generator hire, sales, service and parts.
A proud family company with a dedication to innovation, excellence and customer service, Power Electrics has grown from a small yard in 1963, to operating out of five locations across the country, including a London sales office and the UK’s largest purpose-built generator depot, with a fleet of over 1200 generators and 25 HGVs.
Innovating to Improve Your Experience
Award winning, trusted by customers and accredited by FG Wilson, the Power Electrics team of over 200 employees continues to grow and develop, whether you require temporary power, a permanent standby solution, technical support or specific generator parts.
Innovations such as a 24/7 emergency call out service, an in-house generator testing centre and purpose-built training facilities will improve your experience from enquiry to specification and purchase to delivery.
Operating an in-house transport fleet provides you with a flexible, cost-effective and reliable delivery service. Tracked using the latest in sophisticated satellite technology, Power Electrics’ fleet of crane equipped lorries are designed to accommodate whatever equipment you require.
Power Electrics offer to market five primary business activities; Sales, Rental/Hire, Service, Parts and Acoustic Fabrication.
Rental Hire Division
- Power Electrics continually invest in a Modern Hire fleet (10 – 1750kVA) 1600 + Generators
- Ancillary products in House
- Fuel tanks
- Changeover panels
- Synch Panels
- Distribution boards
- Cable – extensive stock
- 3 – 4 year renewal policy
- In House Transport Department, 20+ Vehicles and drivers
- Support services
- 24/7 cover
- M&E engineering Teams
- Fuel management
- Power Electrics support you with a National Field Sales Team
- Technical Support
- Site Surveys
- CPD Seminars
- Internal Sales Team
- Generator Estimating
- Project Team
- Full project management
- Electrical & Mechanical Installation
- CAD / 3D Solid Works
- Specialists in
- Generators, Control Systems, LV & HV Switchgear & Fuel Systems
- Here To Help
- Seven field-based sales engineers
- Generator sizing
- Full technical sales support service
- Free site survey service
- CPD seminars
- Office based estimating team
- Focused on providing a fast and efficient quotation service
- Standard manufacturers close fit canopies
- Weatherproof acoustic
- Close fit canopies
- Drop over canopies
- Acoustic containers
- (All built to exceed stringent noise legislation and client’s site requirements)
- Plant room
- Flue and exhaust systems
- Control Systems
- Standard key start
- Auto Mains Failures systems
- Synchronising systems
- Remote monitoring packages (SCADA, BMS, remote telemetry)
- HV and LV switchgear
- Electrical installation
- Fuel systems
- Plastic tanks
- Rectangular or cylindrical steel tanks
- Fully bunded tanks to meet BS799 part 5
- Fuel fill points and control
- Single and duplex pump systems and control
- Single and double skin fuel pipe work
- Exhaust and flue gas systems
- A full delivery and installation service
- Crane Hire
- Road closures
Basic Steps for Genset Selection
- Electrical performance
- Generator selection
- Define site parameters and duty
- Generating Set Duty
- Analyse the load transient and running requirement profiles.
- Match the Generating set performance to the load requirements.
- What Power Electrics need to know
- General Considerations
- Fuel Systems
- Cooling Systems
- Starting Systems
- Control, Systems and Interfaces
Notes to Editors:
- This article is written by Jules Daly, Marketing and Communications Manager at Powersystems UK.
- Email email@example.com Telephone 01454 318000
- Photography Copyright please credit all images used to powersystemsuk.co.uk
Powersystems are powering the transition to a carbon free future
As a high voltage specialist electrical engineering company with over 45 years (1977-2022) experience Powersystems have grown by reputation to become a trusted force in the design, installation and commissioning of electrical infrastructure across the UK.
Celebrating 25 years as the first Lloyds National Electricity Registration Scheme ‘s accredited Independent Connection Provider (ICP), Powersystems are capable of delivering contestable grid connections at voltages up to 132 kV.
Since 2000, Powersystems have connected over 6 Gigawatts of renewable energy generation to the UK electricity grid, along with decarbonisation technology which includes; wind energy projects, solar, anaerobic digestion, hydroelectric, electrical vehicle infrastructure, short term operating reserve STOR, combined heat and power (CHP), Grid stability projects like rotating stabilisers, and battery energy storage systems (BESS) as well as commercial industrial private wire networks.
Working with partners, delivering sustainable power solutions, proudly the Powersystems high voltage specialist team have connected 27% of all U.K. onshore wind farm
At the core of the operation is a commitment to the highest values of health and safety, welfare, quality and the environment. Powersystems Integrated management systems are ISO accredited and their approach under their health and safety ‘Priority No.1’ brand is to aim for the best industry practice in all.
Powersystems UK Ltd. is an Employee-Owned Business and as such has a keen interest in the well-being of all its employees. They encourage and empower you to be imaginative, share great ideas and be involved in the success of the business.
Speak to Powersystems today
You can contact us as follows