Powersystems UK Ltd is a high voltage engineering company specialising in electrical power infrastructure, grid connections and renewable generation. Due to our continuing success within these sectors, we are seeking an experienced Bid Manager to join our team in our Bristol office.
As part of a team, manage tender enquiries generated from our Sales Team. Taking tender enquiries from tender qualification, quotation build-up, bid submission through to contract award including supplier identification, value proposition and commercial considerations. Reporting to the Head of Department the successful applicant will have a pivotal role in the company’s contract awards.
► Key Duties:
Responsible for commercial success, technical correctness, and successful return of tender submissions.
- Manage tender enquires, qualifying requirements of the tender, identifying equipment specification and suppliers.
- Carry out site surveys, attend pre-tender, post tender and pre-order meetings. Develop strong understanding of the requirements.
- Set out and build-up of quotations.
- Engage with sub-contractors and suppliers for best prices.
- Prepare bid for client submission, including all bid documentation.
- Meet client tender response timeframes.
- Attend and/or lead post tender interviews.
- Hand-over contract awards to Project Team.
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Contribute to the future success to Powersystems UK Ltd and its clients.
► Key qualifications and experience:
- Experience in engineering tender/bid submissions an advantage but not necessary.
- Minimum of NVQ level 3in electrical engineering or similar discipline.
- Have a good technical knowledge and be able to apply this in a practical way.
- Flexible and organised to manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Competent in interpretation of specifications and drawings.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of High Voltage systems would be an advantage but not necessary.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a full UK driving licence.
► Salary & Benefits
Highly competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications.
Private health insurance.
Company car or car allowance scheme.
The role will require some work away from home at sites throughout the UK.
Powersystems is an independently owned business and as such has a keen interest in the well-being of all its employees, encourage and empower you to be imaginative, share great ideas and be involved in the success of our business.
We offer a positive working environment, relaxed in terms of some approaches, yet highly professional with excellent support mechanisms in place to develop your knowledge and career. If you believe that you have what it takes to power our future together then we wish to hear from you.